COVID-19: Special Announcements
Special information about Texas Vision & Laser Center
during the COVID-19 Outbreak
(Last update: 5/8/2020 7:32am)
COVID-19 is creating all kinds of challenges for everyone – businesses and individuals alike. Many things are changing (at least for the short term), but we want you to know:
- We are here for you.
- We are complying and will continue to comply with guidance from local, state and federal authorities.
- We will do everything in our power to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy while providing all the necessary services.
Given the current environment, we are operating with modified office hours and staffing. Therefore, only appointments that are confirmed by directly communicating (Phone / Text / Chat) with one of our staff members will be seen.
If you have an upcoming appointment you must call or text us 3 business days prior to your appointment to confirm your appointment or you may not be seen.
In order for us to set hours and staff our office appropriately, we must communicate with you directly (via phone, text or chat) 3 business days prior to your appointment.
If we don’t communicate with you directly, you may not be able to be seen.
Please note: We most likely will have to shift appointment date, time, location and provider. We thank you in advance for your understanding, patience and cooperation as we all do our best in this unprecedented situation.
COMMUNICATION IS KEY:
Since this is such a fluid situation, things can change day-to-day. During this time, please ignore our normal ‘auto-reminders’ and rely only on direct communication with us about appointment dates, times, locations and providers.
Here’s how you can contact us:
- Call us at 972-548-2015: If our office is open, someone on our reception team will answer and be happy to help you. If our office is closed, your call will be answered by our Answering Service. They will take a message and in the event of an emergency, they will notify our doctor-on-call.
- Text / Chat with us at 972-548-2015: Text is a very convenient way to connect with us, ask a question or request information. We will respond to your text as soon as we can during business hours.
- Chat button on our website: In the lower right hand corner of our website, you will see a little green circle with a cell phone icon on it. If you click this button, you can enter your name, your MOBILE PHONE NUMBER and a message. When you click send/submit, your message will be sent to us via text. Texts are monitored and responded to during office hours.
Anticipate changes. Only appointments that are confirmed directly with our staff may be seen. Given the current environment, you will, most likely, be asked to adjust your appointment date, time, location and provider. We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we all do our best in this unprecedented situation.
Because this is a temporary situation we are not able to update all our online listings to reflect changes that are being made day-to-day, hour-by-hour. PLEASE CALL OR TEXT AHEAD TO CONFIRM OUR HOURS and/or to CONFIRM OR RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS.
We will be maintaining appointment times as best we can. However, we may be required to consolidate and be open limited hours / on limited days. That means we may be calling and asking you to move your appointment to an earlier or slightly later time. If we are unable to reach you, please call or text us back right away so we can make your rescheduled time as convenient for you as possible.
ASK ABOUT BOOKING OR SWITCHING YOUR APPOINTMENT TO A TELEMED APPOINTMENT:
Telemed appointments are easy, safe, convenient and covered by Medical Insurance (including Medicare).
Click here to visit our Telemed Appointment information page where you can learn more.
EMERGENCIES, APPOINTMENTS & PRESCRIPTION REFILLS:
- EMERGENCY: If you have an emergency call 911.
- URGENT SITUATIONS THAT ARE NOT EMERGENCIES:
In an urgent situation call us: 972-548-2015. Calling us is best because our Answering Service receives all calls even when our offices are closed and they are able to get in contact with our doctor-on-call. While you may text us, texts are only monitored weekdays, 8am – 5pm – even if our offices are closed.
- POST-OPERATIVE EXAMS:
You will be seen. Call or text us at 972-548-2015 to confirm your appointment time.
- IF YOU ARE REFERRED BY YOUR PRIMARY EYE CARE PROVIDER:
If we don’t contact you first, please call or text us at 972-548-2015. Please reference the name of the doctor referring you and why you are being referred.
- EXAMS & TESTING:
Call or text us at 972-548-2015 to confirm appointment time and /or to see how we can accommodate you.
If you need a prescription refilled, please call or text us at 972-548-2015. Please provide:
- Patient Name
- Date of Birth
- Name of the prescription that needs to be refilled
- Name and Phone number of your pharmacy
HEALTH & SAFETY:
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority and you can expect greatly enhanced protocols for reducing the spread of infection including increased disinfection of our office, equipment, furniture etc., limiting the number of people in our office, screening all who enter for fever and other COVID-like symptoms, ensuring social distance (physical distance) and more.
Please be aware that these protocols may change at any time as we monitor the situation and are advised by local, state and national authorities and medical best practices.
Please monitor your health and physical proximity to others as we go through this outbreak.
CALL TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IF:
- You have tested positive or presumptive positive for COVID-19.
- Anyone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 or has tested presumptive positive for it.
- You know you have been in contact with anyone who was in contact with someone who has or has tested presumptive positive for COVID-19.
- You have been out of the state of Texas in the last 21 days.
- You have been out of the country in the last 21 days
- If you have a cough, fever or any other COVID-19 symptom.